Defunct since May 2005

3.27.2005

spring vacation (part one).

it has been nearly two weeks since my last entry and i am kind of embarrassed about that. even though i've been on my spring vacation, i've still had plenty to talk about. unfortunately, i didn't have my login information for blogger at home, thus i could not access my blog. so i would like to spend the next several paragraphs catching up on things.

visiting cincinnati reds spring training in sarasota, florida (with my father and brother) was by far the most interesting thing i did over the break. it was my first time going to spring training, and we were lucky to see a couple great games (against the twins and devil rays). but, as everyone knows, the games mean very little, and so i found myself more intrigued by the atmosphere down there.

baseball in spring is in its purest form, and as a fan, it was wonderful to witness this first hand. it is very hard for me to pinpoint what is so special about spring training--maybe its the intimacy of the ballpark, maybe its the rawness of the minor league camps, or maybe its a concentration of all these things baseball into one place. i really think you have to be there to truly understand. it is a magical place.

so magical in fact, that as we walked through the parking lot after our final game, a baseball materialized from the clear blue and rolled gently along the gravel straight into my father's feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home